Cal North Presidents Cup is the qualifying cup competition for the US Youth Soccer Region IV Presidents Cup. It is a competition created for mid-level Competitive teams. Recreational teams may enter Presidents Cup although Founders’ Cup is a more appropriate cup product for the vast majority of Recreational teams. We generally recommend Presidents Cup for mid-to- upper-level competitive teams. The Cal North Presidents Cup offers brackets in the U13, U14, U15, U16, U17 and U18 age groups.
US Youth Soccer recently announced that Presidents Cup will now include U18 boys and girls age groupings beginning with the 2017/2018 season. Accordingly, Cal North has included Under 18 brackets in the Cal North Presidents Cup. Because the announcement came after the start of the season, for the U18 age group and for the 2017/2018 season only, the Cal North Board of Directors has approved an exception to the rule that a team must play at the oldest age at which it was rostered during the season. U19 teams will be permitted to release players in order to be redefined as an Under 18 team for Presidents Cup.
- Level of Play:
- Recreational teams or Competitive teams that compete in league play and tournaments at the Gold or lower level. Presidents Cup is recommended for mid-level to upper-level competitive teams that may be the first or second tier competitive team within their club or league. Teams that participated in the 2016/2017 Cal North State Cup quarterfinals, semifinals or championships or teams that compete in the highest division of a Regional Playing League (CRL) are not eligible to enter are not eligible to enter Presidents Cup and should select State Cup as their cup option.
- Open To:
- All eligible registered teams must meet the following playing league criteria:
Must be registered with a US Soccer affiliated organization
Must play in an approved league with at least 3 other teams and play at least 3 games against 3 different teams
Only teams that register with Cal North and participate in Presidents Cup as a Cal North registered team are eligible to advance to US Youth Soccer Region IV Presidents Cup.
- Age Groups:
- Under 13 – Under 18 Boys and Girls
- Competition Dates:
- April 21-22 or April 28-29, 2018
One weekend of round robin competition
May 5-6, 2018
One weekend of single elimination round competition
- Application Deadline:
- March 15, 2018
- Entry Fees:
- Additional Info:
- Cal North State Cup is the qualifier for US Youth Soccer Presidents Cup. Presidents Cup Champions that participated as a Cal North registered team, and in some instances a team that is selected to fill a wildcard slot will advance to compete for a regional championship at the US Youth Soccer Region IV Presidents Cup in Salt Lake City June 12-17, 2018
Read more about Presidents Cup.
- See schedules & results, and list of teams that have applied.
- See Cup Directives Rules and Regulations, and other important documents.