U.S. Soccer Player Development Initiatives In Effect August 1st 2017
REMINDER: US Soccer Player Development Initiatives will go into effect on August 1st and they are a mandate. Please be aware of some very important changes that will affect players and teams. The following are reminders for all of you to be aware and that Cal North is supporting compliance with all portions of the PDI. We believe that this will maximize player development from the youngest ages and up.
Here are a few important things to be prepared for the upcoming season:
- Mandates from US Soccer regarding birth-year registration and small-sided games regulations. Visit the following to see what is considered mandated or strongly recommended
- Page 51 of the above presentation explains the mandated small sided-games guidelines that will be mandated by August 2017. Small sided standards are explained in the presentation in the following pages: 4v4 (19-23), 7v7 (29-31, 34-39) and 9v9 (45-50).
- Birth-year matrix is explained in the following link
- US Soccer “strongly recommends” a Concussion initiative, visit Cal North’s heading protocol which is more detailed
- For more visit the U.S. Soccer category.
Enjoy your upcoming season!