US Soccer #SheBelieves Hero Contest
Join the SheBelieves movement to inspire and encourage young girls and women to accomplish their goals and dreams! The launch of the SheBelieves Hero Contest, ahead of the SheBelieves Cup, runs from February 7-10. It aims to find a girl between the ages of 13-17 that embodies the SheBelieves sprit.
Originally conceived and launched by the U.S. Women’s National Team in the run-up to the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup, the SheBelieves Hero Contest has created a special bond between the U.S. WNT team and its fans. The spirit of the movement embodies the message of empowerment and of believing in yourself. Spreading across the nation in small communities as well as large cities, the SheBelives stories collected from across the country inspire young girls and women to strive for the best and always believe in themselves.
A SheBelieves Hero is a leader in their community, a confident and passionate individual who empowers others around her and is working to make a difference.
To get involved with the contest:
Nominate your daughter, niece, a student, etc. that you believe embodies the SheBelieves spirit for an opportunity to travel to the WNT vs. England match on March 4 in Harrison, N.J.
To enter, nominations must be submitted online in a video format via Twitter or Instagram using the #SheBelievesHero hashtag before 11:59 p.m. CT on Friday, February 10, 2017.
For your video to qualify:
- State the following information about yourself or your nominee: Full name, hometown and age.
- All video entries must be 30-60 seconds and submitted via Twitter or Instagram using the #SheBelievesHero hashtag.
- The video submitter must be 18 years old or older at the time of entry. If you are below the age of 18, have a parent or legal guardian upload the video to their page and add the #SheBelievesHero hashtag. The video submitter can nominate another person, if the person being nominated is minimum 13 years old at the time of entry.
- Additionally, a parent or legal guardian must complete the following consent form (CLICK HERE) for any person being nominated, and e-mail it to email@example.com wi
th the subject line SHEBELIEVES HERO. E-mail must include a link to video submission.
- Videos must be spoken in the English language or subtitled.
- Nominations are limited to one nominee (individual person) per video.
- After the period of entries closes, a team of judges will select four finalists whose videos will be shared via social media for general voting from February 13-16. A winner will be chosen by popular vote and announced on or around Feb. 17, 2017.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to abide by, and cause your nominee to abide by, the Contest Official Rules.
How could my video be disqualified?
- If video submission does not include e-mail with a parent or legal guardian’s consent form.
- If it includes any copyrighted material.
- If there is any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of U.S. Soccer.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Enter by 11:59 p.m. CTon February 10, 2017. One winner plus a guest (18-years or older) will win a trip for two to the U.S. Women’s National Team vs. England match in Harrison, N.J. on March 4, 2017. Open to all legal residents of all 50 states of the United States or District of Columbia. *Void where prohibited. Additional exclusions apply. See Official Rules for complete details.