Cal North Affiliated Leagues have the opportunity to host coaching courses through our Coaching Education program. Below are our guidelines to applying to host a course, getting ready for your course, and what to do once the course has completed.
Cal North Coaching Course Application Process:
- Obtain Course Application from the Cal North website: See the Cal North Document Center
For Goal Keeper, Modules and F Field Session:
- Fill out application and submit with course fee to the Cal North office a minimum of 30 working days prior to the 1st day of the course.
- You will then be contacted by email from the State Coaching Director, with detailed instructions and the name of the Instructor that has been assigned to your course.
- Your Course will be posted on the Cal North website: See the Coaching Education Calendar.
Requirements for Hosting a Coaching Course
- Communicate with the Instructor, before the course begins.
- Publicize your course to coaches and get them signed up for your course.
- A league must provide a lined soccer field with goals, and access to a restroom.
- Be at the location of the course 30 minutes prior to the start time to unlock the building/field, meet instructor and greet coaches.
- Meeting space set-up in classroom fashion
- Team of players for Saturday afternoon/Sunday morning field sessions.(if needed)
- Hosting coordinator must complete the Coaching Course Registration Form. Incomplete information can result in non-issue of a certificate.
- Make sure the course instructor has the Completed Coaching Course Registration Form so he can submit it to the office with their pay sheet.
After the Coaching Course
- The instructor turns in the Coaching Course Registration Form to the Cal North State Office with their pay sheet.
- Cal North will enter Coaching Licenses into the Cal North Database/Registration Database and will issue a certificate to each coach that completes the course.
Hosting a National E Course in your community:
The National E Course is now managed through the Cal North Office and administrated on the US Soccer Digital Coaching Center (DCC). The Cal North Office, Programs Coordinator is the designated State Administrator for the Digital Coaching Center. If you wish for a National E course to be held in your league/community, please complete the application and check the box for the National E course. This course does not require any hosting fee from the league, as each coach will need to pay at the time of registration. Registration for this course is only online. Please see the course details.
- Submit application.
- It must be complete to be accepted
- Advertise course
- Direct coaches on how to register
- Minimum of 12 coaches enrolled required to avoid course cancellation.
- Maximum of 16 coaches per course (No exceptions).
- Important Dates for E Courses:
- Course will close for Registration 2 weeks prior to the start day of the course
- Refund deadline will be 3 weeks prior to the start day of the course
- Coaches cannot be added as a “walk-in” after the closed date.
- Communicate with assigned Instructor before 1st day of course
- Provide Classroom for 16 coaches (with restrooms)
- Provide Soccer field (with restrooms)
- Course Schedule: (DoC can let you know the specific hours for Sat. & Sun. Classroom/field)
- Fri: 2 hrs. Classroom- 6:00-9:00 pm
- Sat: 2 hrs. Classroom/ 6 hrs. field- 8:00-5:00 pm
- Sun: 2 hrs. Classroom/ 6 hrs. field- 8:00-5:00 pm
- League/Organization should have an on-site person during the course in case of classroom or field issues.
Cal North Office/Digital Coaching Center (DCC):
- Completed course application is received, processed and sent over to the DoC for the dates to be approved
- There are a limited number of qualified Instructors to teach the National E course. Instructor availability must be confirmed before assignment can be approved.
- Once course dates are confirmed, the course will be posted on the DCC, by the Office Programs Coordinator.
- Programs Coordinator will send the Course Coordinator a link to the online registration for the course.
- Programs Coordinator can keep the Course Coordinator apprised of enrollment in order to make sure the course fills.
- Any eligible coach wishing to register for an E course will need to log on to the Digital Coaching Center, choose Courses, find the one on the list they wish to register for and select that event.
- All coaches should register timely as all courses will now have an “Open for Registration Date” and a “Closed for Registration Date”. Coaches cannot be added as a “walk-in” after the closed date.
- The coach must have a profile set-up in the DCC and they must have completed the National online F Course (there is no wait period between the F course and the E course) to enroll in the National E course. The system will prompt them through the registration and payment portion.
- All coaches registering will be charged the course fee plus the US Soccer surcharge of $25.00. Once the coach is registered they will received a confirmation of course enrollment.
- All course work will be done through the DCC.
- Once the coach has completed all course work, attended the 18 hours of field and classroom sessions and they are awarded their license, they will receive an email from the Course Instructor where they can download and print their license.
- The refund policy: Refund deadline will be 3 weeks prior to the start day of the course
- Refund, if eligible will be issued by State Association, not US Soccer.
- The course instructor will have access to the Digital Coaching Center (DCC) for the courses that they are assigned in order to grade course work, post feedback and communicate with the candidates.
- At the end of the course the final grading will be posted on the DCC in each coach’s record, where they will be able to download and print their E license.
Hosting a National D Course in your community:
Applying to Host a National D course requires planning 6-8 months in advance. If you wish to have a D course in your community, please submit the course application, a minimum of 6 months in advance. You will be contacted by the State DOC, so do not advertise or book any location until a course has been approved in your area.
- The D course is a Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday all day, and 10 weeks later, another Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday all day. (36-40 Hrs.)
- Full size soccer field with goals
- Must have restrooms
- Must have restrooms
The National D course is managed and administrated by the Cal North Office and registration will be through the Digital Coaching Center (DCC).