The National “E” is an 18-hour course, which covers the elementary principles of coaching and prepare interested coaches for the National “D” license course.
The “E” license course is open to all applicants who hold a U.S. Soccer “F” license (Feb. 2015) and who are 16 years of age. There is no wait period between the U.S. Soccer “F” license and enrolling in the National E course.
What are the key components of the “E” license course?
- Develop the core coaching competencies necessary to effectively teach the 9-12 year old athlete and team.
- Understand the characteristics and needs of an athlete in the Basic Stage of U.S. Soccer’s Long Term Athlete Development Model.
- Establish a foundation of knowledge and experience in order to proceed through the sequence of coaching development courses.
What are the specific target outcomes of the course?
- Understand and effectively apply the principles of Long Term Athlete Development.
- Demonstrate competency in planning an age-appropriate training session.
- Demonstrate the essential competencies to execute a team training session that is focused on a technical function of the game.
- Understand concepts and recognize the principles of attacking and defending in a small-sided game environment (3v3 to 9v9 adaptable to local competition structure).
Pre-Course Candidate Assignments
Candidates are required to complete pre-course assignments.
Candidates must complete two (2) Laws of the Game assignments, two (2) Team Management assignments, a Concussion Awareness course, and a Prevention and Care webinar.
How to register for a National E course:
Check the Cal North Coaching Course Calendar for a course that will fit your schedule. If you do not see one listed, please check back at a later date. Registration for all E courses is now hosted on the US Soccer Digital Coaching Center (DCC), please read below and follow the instructions.
- Log on to the US Soccer Digital Coaching Center (DCC)
- Use the same log on as you did when you completed the National F license.
- To enroll in a National E course, go to the top of the page and click “Courses”. All courses hosted in Cal North will load to the screen. Select the course you wish to enroll in and complete the page. All course information (description, locations dates, and fees) are included in this section.
- Course fee is: $160.00. All course fees are due at the time of enrollment. In addition to the course fee, there will be a surcharge fee of $25.00 that goes to US Soccer. You will not be able to “transfer” from one course to another, please choose your course wisely.
- Registration for E courses will close 14 days prior to the first day of the course.
- After you have enrolled and been accepted, you will have access to the assignments. You will be able to communicate with the Instructor and the instructor will be able to communicate with you. This will be the same instructor that will be teaching the classroom and field sessions that you will attend. All grading and assignments will be done through the DCC, including the final grading.
- Once the course is complete you will be notified of your course results via email and will have access to download and print your license.
- There will be no refund 21 days or closer to the first day of the course.