Cal North Presidents Cup is the qualifying cup competition for the US Youth Soccer Region IV Presidents Cup. It is a competition created for mid-level Competitive teams. Recreational teams may enter Presidents Cup although Founders’ Cup is a more appropriate cup product for the vast majority of Recreational teams. We generally recommend Presidents Cup for mid-to- upper-level competitive teams. The Cal North Presidents Cup offers brackets in the U13, U14, U15, U16, U17 and U18 age groups.
Important State Cup and Presidents Cup Rules Update
Contrary to an earlier ruling, we were recently advised that all players and teams participating in State and Presidents Cup must be registered through their State Association. The US Youth Soccer rule is included below. US Youth Soccer Presidents Cup Rule 303 and US Youth Soccer National Championship Series Rule 221 confirm that at all levels of play, including the state-level cup event, are open to any team whose players are registered with US Youth Soccer through a State Association.
If a team plays in a non-Cal North playing league such as NorCal Premier, ECNL, NPL, or other playing league sanctioned by a US Soccer organization for the 2017/2018 season, the team meets the league play requirement necessary to participate in Cal North State and Presidents Cup, but the players, team administrators and the team must have approved Cal North credentials to participate.
Simply stated, a team’s qualifying playing league does not need to be a Cal North playing league but they must have Cal North credentials to participate in Presidents or State Cup.
To obtain your Cal North credentials to participate in our cups check first with your local league registrar on how to best obtain credentials.
If your local league and district notify you that they are unable or unwilling to register your players and team, please contact Emanuel Lusca, the Cal North Registration Manager at email@example.com to get information on how to proceed with registering through one of the existing Commissioners’ Leagues.
- Level of Play:
- Recreational teams or Competitive teams that compete in league play and tournaments at the Gold or lower level. Presidents Cup is recommended for mid-level to upper-level competitive teams that may be the first or second tier competitive team within their club or league. Teams that participated in the 2016/2017 Cal North State Cup quarterfinals, semifinals or championships or teams that compete in the highest division of a Regional Playing League (CRL) are not eligible to enter are not eligible to enter Presidents Cup and should select State Cup as their cup option.
- Open To:
- All eligible registered teams must meet the following playing league criteria:
Must be registered with a US Soccer affiliated organization
Must play in an approved league with at least 3 other teams and play at least 3 games against 3 different teams
Only teams that register with Cal North and participate in Presidents Cup as a Cal North registered team are eligible to advance to US Youth Soccer Region IV Presidents Cup.
- Age Groups:
- Under 13 – Under 18 Boys and Girls
- Competition Dates:
- April 21-22 or April 28-29, 2018
One weekend of round robin competition
May 5-6, 2018
One weekend of single elimination round competition
- Application Deadline:
- March 25, 2018
- Entry Fees:
- Additional Info:
- Cal North State Cup is the qualifier for US Youth Soccer Presidents Cup. Presidents Cup Champions that participated as a Cal North registered team, and in some instances a team that is selected to fill a wildcard slot will advance to compete for a regional championship at the US Youth Soccer Region IV Presidents Cup in Salt Lake City June 12-17, 2018
Read more about Presidents Cup.
- See schedules & results, and list of teams that have applied.
- See Cup Directives Rules and Regulations, and other important documents.