Cal North Presidents Cup is the qualifying cup competition for the US Youth Soccer Region IV Presidents Cup. It is a competition created for mid-level Competitive teams. Recreational teams may enter Presidents Cup although Founders’ Cup is a more appropriate cup product for the vast majority of Recreational teams. We generally recommend Presidents Cup for mid-to- upper-level competitive teams. The Cal North Presidents Cup offers brackets in the U13, U14, U15, U16, and U17 age groups.
- Level of Play:
- Recreational teams or Competitive teams that compete in league play and tournaments at the Gold or lower level. Presidents Cup is recommended for mid-level to upper-level competitive teams that may be the first or second tier competitive team within their club or league. Teams that participated in the 2016/2017 Cal North State Cup quarterfinals, semifinals or championships or teams that compete in the highest division of a Regional Playing League (CRL) are not eligible to enter are not eligible to enter Presidents Cup and should select State Cup as their cup option.
- Open To:
- All eligible registered teams must meet the following playing league criteria:
Must be registered with a US Soccer affiliated organization
Must play in an approved league with at least 3 other teams and play at least 3 games against 3 different teams
Only teams that register with Cal North and participate in Presidents Cup as a Cal North registered team are eligible to advance to US Youth Soccer Region IV Presidents Cup.
- Age Groups:
- Under 13 – Under 17 Boys and Girls
- Competition Dates:
- April 21-22 or April 28-29, 2018
One weekend of round robin competition
May 5-6, 2018
One weekend of single elimination round competition
- Application Deadline:
- March 15, 2018
- Entry Fees:
- Additional Info:
- Cal North State Cup is the qualifier for US Youth Soccer Presidents Cup. Presidents Cup Champions that participated as a Cal North registered team, and in some instances a team that is selected to fill a wildcard slot will advance to compete for a regional championship at the US Youth Soccer Region IV Presidents Cup in Salt Lake City June 12-17, 2018
Read more about Founder’s Cup.
- See schedules & results, and list of teams that have applied.
- See Cup Directives Rules and Regulations, and other important documents.