Cal North Hiring New Executive Assistant
Cal North is Looking for an Executive Assistant To help Cal North Shape the Future of Soccer in Northern California.
Work for the largest youth soccer state association in California. Responsible for a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks while working independently with minimal supervision. Reports to the Executive Director and supports the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate various events including: the Cal North Soccer Expo, Hall of Fame Dinner,
Regional Workshops and the Cal North Annual General Meeting
- Arrange Board of Director Meetings (site proposals, contracts, room reservations/lists, meeting room set-up)
- Prepares agendas and minutes for the Board of Director Meetings
- Prepare and process Insurance certificates
- Process medical insurance claims and maintain HIPAA record-keeping
- Process and track participant concussion reports; liaison with Cal North medical authority
on Return-to Play protocols
- Track and record all Cal North league affiliation documents
- Work with First Vice Chair on coordinating disciplinary hearings and appeals
- Travel arrangements for regional/national meetings and events
- Assist with Cal North department budgets
- Assist Registration Manager and Program Manager with various office projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/or Board Chairman
Experience and Attributes
A strong candidate will bring a commitment to the values of youth sports and the mission of Cal North Soccer. S/he will bring a variety of experiences and attributes to Cal North including:
- Be detail oriented, communicative, and able to multi-task.
- Ability to work well independently while coordinating with the administrative staff and Executive Director on key issues.
- A demonstrated commitment to providing excellent member services to internal and
- external constituents.
- Computer proficiency and internet savvy are mandatory.
- All Cal North staff must pass an annual background check.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
Minimum of two-year degree from an accredited college; or four to five years of related job experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Meeting planning and/or medical claims processing experience is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs and Internet software.
- Passion for the youth soccer mission
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Very strong organizational skills
- Intrinsically motivated
- Strong critical thinking, analysis, and process improvement
- Ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines
- Experience supporting executive management
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams
- Direct, engaging and relational
- Strong, timely written and verbal communication
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Must live within 75 miles of Pleasanton, CA
Salary: $49,000.00 to $52,000.00 /year depending on experience
Apply no later than Sunday, December 15, 2019 by sending your cover letter, resume and 3 professional references via email to Ben Jay, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.